Friday, January 4, 2008

One Laptop for Two Children

olpcI mentioned in an earlier post that I will be getting an OLPC OX machine through the Give One Get One program. The program is now closed so you missed your chance to get one, you can still give one (or more). I'm still waiting for mine, but Alvin Richards has got his and has a interesting blog discussing the XO and his 5 year old. I'm not sure which Child love it more Alvin or is 5 year old.

I notice Intel pulled out of the progra, but given they only joined six months ago and there's been no sign of an intel based OLPC I'm not sure it really changes anything. As reported on ZDnet, Nicholas Negroponte, head of the OLPC project said

"we view the children as a mission; Intel views them as a market"

So no love lost there then!

UPDATE : Found a good look at the OLPC on the BBC tech site

No comments: