Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Connections improve productivity - Quelle Surprise

Thanks to Oracle nerd for this post, referencing an article on CIO magazine. Apparantly connected employees are more productive. I thought this was a no brainer, if I know a lot of people I can get help and advice from a lot of people, equally if I know a lot of stuff people want to stay connected to me so they can pick my brains and get their job done.

The article goes into more depth and backs it's argument up with stats, research and references, but I'm a blogger not a journalist. I think the paragraph above is obvious so I state it as my opinion and I'm done. For more detail on my ideas around what I call dev 2.0 you can read my original post, if you want to see it in action - you need to come and join my team, or maybe offer me a job (Boss - if you're reading, this is a joke).

2 comments:

Meg Bear said...

I would also suggest that the benefits of being connected are not just for an IT group. Not only does my network make me more productive it also makes me more confident in my job.

David Haimes said...

Meg
Agreed.